Tuesday, March 1, 2011

ima a hustler, ima ima hustler

i'm sure that title makes sense to someone out there.

here's a quick synopsis, in a ramblemumble, of my past few days:
friday:
paper
working on paper
finishing paper
emailing pen pal
get stopped by weird guy in computer lab
weird guy in computer lab insists that people on a videogame forum have hacked his credit cards
i am fairly certain they did not
he thinks the words "dantes inferno"
is code for him
on the forums.
one post said "in the beginning of the month, i spent 30 bucks on a special edition..."
his response
"i spend 30 bucks at the beginning of the month on farmville!"
ah, yes.
i see.
obvious connection.
insert eye rolling.
insert attempt to clear this guys mind.
insert attempt to convince guy that site is a legitimate videogame forum site.
not a hacking site.
guy is convinced it's a lawyer from duke university.
proof is in a post that says "duke nukem" in it.
obviously he has solid evidence.
i run run run away as fast as possible.
hide at class.
talk to the awesome old black guy.
who says "ten" "teean" (hard to write it out... better said out loud.)
handed in my paper to levy.
expressed appreciation to him.
left.
went to lit.
saw jess.
ate with jess and anthony.
went home.
cindy, corey and hobbit came over.
we played poker
(SO FUN.)
with aunt maria and mom.
the latter and all four of us
went to see unknown.
go see unknown.
stop reading this list,
and go see it, it's genius.
liam neeson is amazing. end of story.
we get home.
hang out,
i start to pass out.
well, pass out
to craig ferguson.
saturday:
was woken up by meg.
she came over.
i got up, dressed
cleaned a bit
we waited for boys.
went to diner.
veronica came over.
we had shenanigans that included:
beach,
acting like fosse,
hats similar to hat-guys hat from xkcd.com
long car rides
"FUCK YOU" by cee lo green at astronomically loud levels
brocules being awesome
brocula
dancing to "just dance 2"
hobbit yelling at me for recording...
corey and i tearing up just dance 2
robbie coming over
all of us gunfighting outside
twice.
for the camera.
my mom and aunt were laughing at us.
we ate dinner.
veronica and rob came back after their dinner.
we watched despicable me.
i now have a blind date for friday, with rob's friend mike.
kind of excited... more nervous.
am i ready.
am i ready.
holy, wow, who knows...
sunday:
grandpa's.
it's always sad seeing him that way.
grandma made food.
"i see you're paying me a compliment" (aka i ate all the food, first time in a while)
falling asleep on her couch
again
per usual.
grandpa with his zipper scar.
grandpa with no underwear.
somari. being... somari.
and her husband (lover?) being sweet.
going home,
not doing homework,
hanging out with hobbit.
waiting for veronica and robbie and clare.
eating chips.
watching the oscars.
YES. melissa leo.
YES. alice in wonderland.
YES. christian bale.
WTF THE SOCIAL NETWORK?!
yes james franco in a dress.
yes anne hathaway making fun of hugh jackman.
yes, kirk douglas being adorable.
yes, yes, kings speech.
then attempting jimmy kimmel.
then sleeping.
everyone went home.

today.

PHEW.

today was not bad either. i had a bit of a down. i thought about being second best again, and fear kind of took me. what if it happens again? will i ever be enough? will anyone ever want me? will i be good enough?

then i remembered. it didn't matter. gil didn't matter.

it's all better now. mom is amazing.

got to work, louisa called out, so i had joe. and joe is amazing. because joe does dishes. and always makes me smile.
always.

we had fun chatting.
he got to see his life coach (ben) who was actually not insightful today.
i wonder if he napped too much.

we closed fairly quickly... but i left my book inside, so i had to leave a little later. stupid forgetfulness. lesigh.

jess called a few times, but always at inconvenient ones. so i couldn't answer. called her back, she picked up and hung up. then texted that she was tired, so at least i know she doesn't hate me.

i have bio, then playwriting, then native american lit tomorrow.

and no work! so i get to dress like a real girl! it's fabulous. and that cute guy brian will hopefully be in class. i think i'll tell that to mike. that i think he's cute, of course. who knows. maybe he is sending me side-long glances, like steve may or may not have been doing all last semester in class. or maybe not. maybe i just like boys that like me.

or don't like me...?

my head is spinning.

and i'm nomming pizza. mmmm... pizza.

and i want a kiss. a real, nice, warm and fun kiss.

and to be held. mmm. i had a dream about that brian kid.

it was weird. we were at otakon. i'll... end it there.

haha. but! i was dressed as lulu! perhaps some of this dream is clairvoyant.

holy rusting metal batman! this message has gotten long. but more to put... sorry folks, it's a long one tonight.

i was going over some of my favorite memories, and i think i want to put them in top-five order of the best ever in my life.

five: this past saturday. life doesn't get any better than good friends having good times being crazy, making a music video. i don't deserve my friends.

four: the day my dad and i went into the city. for a father/daughter day. we were driving... driving, driving, driving... nearing our destination. and he says "you know where we're going?" so reply "no, why?" and he looks at me and smiles and says "i think you need pie..." i got so excited, clapped and said "i need pie!" he took me to the empire diner. the burger was great. and we didn't try their pie, but i'm sure it was fantastic. we then went to central park. talked, and had a blast. he's a great dad, it was a great day, and i'll never forget it (hopefully).

three: the day aaron and i got together. now, don't be misled. this doesn't mean i have feelings for him, but the way it all happened was great. he was walking with me and james and henry to dunkin donuts. we sat and talked, and while i was up getting something (with aaron at the table with james and henry next to me) henry pointed to me and mouthed "do ou like her?" and he said "who?! james? i'm not gay!" mouthing back to him. and then we sat, talked, walked across campus and henry left the two of us talking on charlie (the vent that gave us warmth.) so we talked, and talked and talked for a good.. forty minutes on that thing. then he walked me to my car, and as we're going up the block, i said something about how guys get bored of me. and he said that girls would get bored of him once they realized he wasn't always crazy, and that's why they wouldn't want to date him. i gave him a backwards hug and said that i'd totally date him. he said "really? do you... want to?" and i asked if that was a backwards way of asking me out, he said yes, and we held hands on the way to my car. we sat at my car, kissed, giggled, huddled together and finally i dropped him off on my way home. that night will always make me smile... without fail.

two: six flags. i guess the best way to sum that day up, is: i didn't flash batman (though would have if he'd asked...), skull mountain was amazing and "are you the only girl with five guys?" "yep." "how?" "they're like... all my brothers. it's amazing." and fudge. lots of delicious fudge. such an.. amazing day. so amazing.

one: i have to admit, i'm crying as i think about this one. it hurts to think about. it hurts, because i miss it. and it was amazing. and there's... nothing that could ever replace it. in the summer of 2005, before my senior year of high school, my family went on our first real vacation together, to florida. during the first week we did fun things, you know, disney and universal and stuff. but more importantly, that first week we spent time with my uncle larry. and it was the last time i spent time with him. we took pictures of him snoring, and i cuddled with him on the couch, and he called me baby girl, and tried to convince my parents to let me move in with him so i could get residency in florida for college. he loved me so much. the second week we went to target, and i picked up harry potter six. and spent the week at my uncle jimmy's house. he and i would eat cheetos for breakfast. and laugh when my parents woke up to see it. he took me on a long, long motorcycle ride. to buy my dad a funky shirt. he always, too, called me baby girl. and he and i fell asleep one night watching a tom selleck western. that was the last time i saw him, too. that vacation was the last time i saw two of the most important and amazing people in my life. and i value that time, those memories, above any, because they are among the cherished few i have of both of them. i love you, uncle larry, uncle jimmy.

well, now i'm drained. after that last moment, i'm sort of just ready to sleep.

love you all. remember, keep smiling.

-aleey

No comments:

Post a Comment